Saturday, November 12, 2011

Catching up with friends



I woke early to the daylight coming in the window. The room was cold and the comforter was warm, so I did not get up right away. When we heard cartoons in the livingroom, I could no longer convince myself that staying in bed would keep us from waking up our hosts. I went upstairs to take a shower, and then Chris took his. I fixed breakfast, and took my supplements. Chris was ready to go to the game store, so I hurried to get ready to go, forgetting to put away my supplements. We went to the game store and were warmly greeted by Paul, Keith, and one other guy whose name escapes me right now. It was nice to renew their acquaintance. I found a book to buy, and borrowed their phone book to look up my friend's phone numbers. But only Linda was home. She said they were going to the Kroc center for lunch and a musical afternoon, and I could go along. Since barbeque isn't my idea of health food, I walked to the nearby Asian market to buy seaweed and something else. The store was arranged backwards so that I had to walk to the back of the strip mall to find the back door. Inside the backdoor was the checkout counter. Weird. But I found seaweed and some natto, although it was frozen. I put that in my purse and walked back to find Chris. He drove me to Linda's house. We all chatted for a bit, and then he went back to the game store, and Linda, Dennis, and I went to the Kroc center in Augusta. It turned out to be a very nice place. There were musical acts from noon to 8. We sat in for some, and took breaks to eat at the barbeque stand, and to look at vendors there. Linda and I both bought handmade soap. We met their friends Lordys and Rusty. It was an interesting afternoon. Then we came back to Linda's house. I called Chris to tell him we were back. Linda and I caught up on each other's news. Chris came for me, and we went to see Keith and Janet for a bit. Then we went to Augusta Mall to a chinese restaurant called P.F.Chang. (I was amazed at the changes in Augusta Mall, it is huge!) My in-laws and Mike and Kelly were there. We had a great time and the food was excellent. We discussed plans for tomorrow morning. Then we went back to Neal and April's place. Their daughter was already in bed. Neal gave Chris the network password. Chris was able to get his computer to connect, but mine was recalcitrant. Still, he persevered until he succeeded. By the time I got into my e-mail, everyone decided to go to bed. So I alone am left to tell the tale.

No comments: