Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Surprise!


I got up this morning with only one goal in mind - to get tags for my car. So, after breakfast and e-mail, I took a shower, and drove to the PX where there was a DMV satellite office. But the line was long. I stood there for 40 minutes. When it was my turn, the lady said that she needed to see Chris' license too, AND since our licenses have North Carolina addresses, she needed to see our passports or birth certificates to verify that we are U.S. citizens. But she did not need to see proof of insurance. She could take my word for that. So I called Chris and went back to the apt. When he came home for lunch, he took my license. I measured my wagon's cargo capacity and noted the figures in the car book in case I ever have to haul anything kinda big. Then I sat in the sun for an hour. Chris went back to work. I read more e-mail, looked up refrigerators at Lowes, saw some videos on Youtube, and finally decided to walk to the thrift shop. But I never got there. On the way, Chris called to say he was going to meet a realestate agent to sign the lease. So I went back to the apt, wrote down the address from an e-mail, then walked away again in the direction I expected him to arrive. But he came from the other direction, so I walked back again. We followed the GPS as best we could to the office, then drove around looking for a place to park. So we were a little later than intended. The agent sat us down and gave each of us a copy of the lease. She had the wrong price on it, and we had to initial her changes. She talked to us as we read through it. So it was hard to focus. But she seemed really nice, and we chatted after signing the lease too. Then we returned to base. I cooked bison with onions, garlic and tomatoes. Chris made wild rice. We ate in front of our computers. Then I was reading an article in my in-box and came across the pic which you see in this blog. I was quite surprised to see it, but glad to have a pic for my blog because I did not take any pics today. I showed it to Chris. And proclaimed that they got the quote wrong. What I said was "Quilting is my passion, but buying fabric is an addiction". Then I watched an episode of TQS on my laptop. When it was over, Chris put "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" on. He got it from Netflix. We watched that and then retired for the night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the article and the new home!! AL from CA

Gail said...

What a nice write-up, and nice pictures to go with it!

Fern said...

Thanks. Glad you could read it. came out kinda small.