Thursday, November 3, 2011

Rain and more houses



Since I walked to the library yesterday, I thought I would walk to the thrift shop today. I also thought I would sit in the sun, but it never arrived. I did, however, talk to MaryAnn over Skype. I fixed breakfast, and read e-mail. Chris came home a little early for lunch, and then he dropped me off at gate 8, where I met our real estate agent and her husband. He had to go back to work, and I went to look at several more houses. The first one was ok, but the master bedroom was too small. The second one was very spacious, especially with the whole-house basement and all it's storage. But it is old, and the alliances are old, and some walls are paneled and the bathrooms are old pink tile. Nice back yard though, and flower beds, trees, grass. Then we went to see another house. Also spacious. The master bedroom could fit two or more king-size beds. It is much newer and has two floors. Very elegant. It has a fenced-in place for a garden, and a privacy fence for keeping out the road noise because it backs up to a busy road. The front is squished together with the neighbors because it is in a cul-de-sac. They were going to show me a 4th place that was only 1800 sf, but I knew it would be unacceptable after seeing 2500 sf. So we went back to gate 8 and Chris met us there. He had a little time off before the AMC Hail and Farewell, so we went back out so he could see the two biggest houses. Then we rushed over to the activities center. We just made it in time. But it turned out to be a big social. Chris introduced me to a few people, and we sat and ate popcorn while listening to the band. When the festivities started, each department head stood up and introduced the new people in their division and said goodbye to whoever was leaving. Mostly, there were new people. The room and program had a football theme. I had to ask Chris to explain some of the jokes afterwards. We had supper at home, and I called the real estate agent to say we wanted the older house. (It was $50 cheaper). She said someone had already put in an application, but that we should do one too. She is going to e-mail us the application and we have to get a credit check to go with it. Then we sat back to watch Big Bang Theory and "Top Hat", our latest Netflix submission.

No comments: