Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Got a house for my birthday



I awoke to a sliver of sunny daylight peaking through the curtains. It was worth getting up for. I ate breakfast and worked through the new e-mail. There was a replay of an interview with Dr. John Gray. I always enjoy his work. In fact, I took notes on the computer as I listened to it. But I did not quite finish when I had to get ready for the walk-through. By that time, the sun was shining on the porch and I stood out there for a few minutes soaking it up. When Chris drove up, we got the library materials that were due today and dropped them off. Then we used the GPS to drive over to the house on Garth Road. Turns out it is a straight shot out gate 8, about 4 miles. I hope Chris will have an easy drive to work from there. We arrived before the real estate agent, so we walked around the yard, looking at plantings, and outdoor outlets, and the deck. When she arrived, she took us in the front door. We noticed a thin film of white dust over the floors. And someone had walked through it barefoot. We went through the house, noting any damage or non-functional items. Not everything needs to be fixed, but we just don't want to be charged with it later. She told us that 2 burners of the stove top needed fixing. Hello, if they already knew that, why hasn't it been fixed? There were electrical 'things' imbedded in the ceilings of the bathrooms that would not turn on. Looked like heaters, could be fans, who knows? We also checked out the basement. I have never seen so many outlets in my life. Gonna be great when all my machines are here. I hope they are not all on the same circuit however. She gave us a key, and Chris wrote her a check for December rent. She promised that we would be called whenever anyone came to work on the house. Then Chris took me back to the apartment and he went to work. I finished the John Gray audio, and then sat outside reading in the sun. Then I took a break to work on the quilt squares. I got a call from the company that is in charge of delivering our goods stored in Fayetteville. They wanted the address and said it would be shipped anytime between Dec 1st through Dec. 8th. Then I arranged and rearranged squares to make another TATW. I had to cut more squares, and then set out four rows, pinning the squares in sets for sewing. That is when Chris came home. He had a couple of suggestions from coworkers about places to eat out. We reviewed their menus and prices online. Then I picked two places from the phone book. They were fairly close together. We drove out to Jordan Road, must have missed the first one, so we stopped at the second: Sitar, Indian cuisine. It was a very nice place and not crowded. We ordered the combination meal for two suggested by the waiter. It might have been a mistake to order the spicy version, but at least it kept me from over-eating. I broke down and ate some of the garlic nan to cool my mouth. We brought back three boxes of food. After that, we watched a Netflix movie titled "A Blast from the Past". Chris had chosen it and it was very enjoyable and funny. We rounded out the hour with Myth-busters, and then turned to TBS for 2 episodes of Big Bang Theory. It was a great way to spend a birthday. Last year I went to the SIWA bazaar with MaryAnn and this was even better. We got to cuddle on the couch (sorry, MaryAnn). But now he has gone to bed, and so must I.

No comments: