Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Chris returns


When I awoke, it was raining, again. Later in the day it turned to snow. When it stopped, it was still cloudy, so the sun never came out. At first I was upset because it rained on my birthday, but then I caught sight of the date on my computer and realized that my birthday isn't until tomorrow. So there is still a chance of sun.
I spent the morning reading old e-mail and tapping through the scripts. I sat on the couch bundled up in my favorite flannel quilt because I was so cold. Later the internet went down, so I pulled a quilt top from the box. It measures about 42 inches across so I thought I might add a column or two. But in the manilla envelop (also in the bottom of the box) there was extra fabric and a note explaining that the design is to have a 4 inch yellow border. The envelop was full of squares, some the same colors, and some in different colors. I counted each color to see if it would make another quilt top like this one. But I had to cut more squares. I never got to the sewing part because daylight ran out. Then I watched some quilt-related videos and started a scarf from the two Dollar Store yarn balls. Finally I took a hot shower to warm up. I wasn't hungry at supper time, so I kept crocheting. Chris came back from his trip a little after 6. At 7 he turned on Big Bang Theory. We watched 6 episodes as the scarf grew. Although I like this chenille-type yarn, it sure is hard to work with. But it is long enough for me to wear tomorrow in case it is cold. The real estate agent wants to do a walk-through at 11:30am. Who-hoo, we are getting closer to living in a house with overhead lighting and more than one bathroom.

No comments: