Sunday, November 27, 2011

Saturday and part of Sunday


Saturday we were awakened by daylight coming in the basement window. I could hear the shower upstairs running. When that sound stopped, we went up to shower together. No details. Then I fixed my breakfast. Alfred went out to buy me a jar of kimchi, not knowing that Chris got one yesterday. I don't mind, it doesn't go bad. Although, how would I know if it did? Anyway, we left about 9am eastern time. I could smell the kimchi all the way. We stopped at a rest area. I could have put a sign in the window, "This car protected by kimchi". If the idea didn't stop them, the smell would. Around lunchtime I was wishing for a fork, then discovered the pair of chopsticks I always carry with me. But we stopped at Wendy's for lunch and Chris picked up two forks there. I wished we had gone to the Cracker Barrel nearby. Their salads are better. We got back on the road. We were making good time, but there was an accident or two near Knoxville. The back up was horrendous. Chris accessed the DOT website with his Blackberry. It said all westbound lanes were closed since 11am and would probably last until 5pm. So we took the alternate route suggested by the GPS. Well, it was backed up too, but we did eventually get through, only losing about 2.5 hours. When we got 'home', the entire building was dark and our door cards didn't work. Chris went to lodging to re-magnetize the cards. I stayed back with the stuff we had unloaded. When he got back, we carried everything in. It was a lovely evening at 75 degrees. I was going to post to my blog, but the internet was messed up. So we unpacked and watched a bit of TV before going to bed. We awoke to the sound of heavy rain. After cuddling, we went back to sleep. Then got up for breakfast, even though it is almost lunchtime. Chris called someone in charge of internet service and they told him to connect to a different router, so now we are 'on-line' again and all is right with the world.
* Since I posted a pic of William, I had to post one of his sister Olivia. Isn't she cute? *

No comments: