Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Looking for a car and a house


Before I went to bed, I entered one more pic in the photography contest that ends Oct. 30th. Then this morning before breakfast, I changed my info on Blogger and Facebook to reflect my new location. I was reading e-mail when the maid came in to change the sheets, etc. I asked her where was a good place to live, and she seemed surprised that we weren't staying here. I spent an hour outside in the sun, but other than that, the whole day was taken up perusing mls listings for rental houses. Chris came home at 4:30. First we checked the car lot near the commissary. They were newer cars and more than I wanted to pay. Then we drove out to several neighborhoods in an area that was recommended by Alex. But I was concerned about how close it is to the airport. One part was all new construction. No rentals there. The older neighborhood was behind a massive new elementary school. We stopped a pedestrian to ask about plane noise. He said he normally did not hear it, but did hear testing at the Arsenal. We saw lots of traffic because of the time we went out. When we got back, Chris heated up the leftover chicken soup and put a roast in the oven for tomorrow. We cuddled on the couch and watched "Top Hat" with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.

No comments: