Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving service







Chris and I slept on the sleeper sofa in the livingroom. It was plenty warm with the quilt we found in the cabinet. We enjoyed each other's company when we woke up. Mom and Dad were finished with breakfast when I ate. After breakfast Chris sat with Mom while I took a bath. Dad and I discussed how to print some pics from my camera before he went to a Dr. appointment at 10. He called at 11 to ask me to take fish fillets out of the freezer for lunch. Mom read her book and I read mine. I also did a little quilting. And I sewed up another holey sock for my dad. Dad came home, bringing me a bag of raw cacao, and started cutting up apples for lunch. You would not believe how long it takes him to cut up two apples. Has to be done perfectly. I had plenty of time to wash carrots, celery, peppers, etc and juice them. I fed Mom her cup of juice and then Dad and I drank ours. I cleaned the juicer. Dad toasted some bread and made sandwiches for himself and Mom. Then we sat down to eat. After lunch, I took Mom to the bathroom and then dressed her for church. Dad dressed up, too. Kevin came about 3pm. He started the casseroles. Dad got out his accordion so we could practice singing the choir music. It was almost 5 when we left. Dad drove to the Burger King on the way to church. Chris ordered the food while we got Mom inside and situated. We shared 2 chicken sandwiches and three salads. I brought an organic hard-boiled egg. At 5:50 we went to Skipwith Baptist church for a 4-church Thanksgiving service. We added two cans to the food collection, and Chris and Mom sat on the first pew while Dad and I practiced with the united choirs. The lady in the alto section went out of her way to make all the other altos feel welcome. There were 4 of us. It was nice to sing 4-part harmony with a choir. We sang from the hallway as the service began, and then processed into the 1st three rows. Later we went up front to sing the anthem. Sadly I could not hear my notes and did not sing well. The paster gave a top notch sermon, mentioning all the different denominations present and what each one does right, giving historical info on each, and telling humorous stories. After the service, I turned in the music, and found Chris and Mom. Chris had taken a pic of the choir with his blackberry. Then he rolled Mom outside down the ramp, around the church to the lower back entrance where refreshments were being served. I helped her fill a plate with desserts, and treats. I was not a bit tempted to eat any myself. I sat with her as she ate. Barbara K. talked with us. There was a big crowd, but it slowly thinned out. When almost everyone was gone, we left, too. When we got home, I put away the casseroles left on the stove. Mom read her book while I checked e-mail. Then she was ready for bed. So I took her back, changed her clothes, brushed her teeth, etc. When she was in bed, I came out to do my blog, but got side-tracked looking at ginkgo biloba supplements. The reviews were very good.

No comments: