Saturday, November 5, 2011

Car shopping and sewing


Today I sewed. All I have are scraps, but it is a start. From small things come larger things. I had the ironing board right up against the window to get the light, and from there I watched the 'beautification committee' come in with a large forklift and remove a corrugated metal shed. Then they broke up the slab under it, and carried the pieces away. It took a lot longer to accomplish it than to tell it. They must also have planted a tree when I wasn't looking. Just all of a sudden it was there. Kinda tall for a planting, and it must have had a small root ball judging by the circumference of the raw dirt around it. I am thinking that these buildings were only recently vacated by the military who lived here.
Chris came home for lunch and changed out of his suit. He had work to do on his computer, but expects that by Monday he will be able to use the one at work. After lunch we went to a used car lot to test drive a 1999 Saturn wagon that was advertised on line. The engine sounded terrible, and it smelled like cigarette smoke. However, in the same lot was a 2002 Jetta wagon. So we tried it. The man suggested we drive out to the freeway and down to the Bob Wallace exit. But we never found the Bob Wallace exit and got off at another one. We ended up downtown without a map or GPS. Chris was trying to direct me back onto the freeway when I decided that it was his turn to drive. We made it back to the car lot. We both liked the Jetta in spite of the pet hair, but want to check out the price before we decide to buy. The real estate agent called while we were out to tell us that the rental application was available in her office, so we stopped by to pick it up on our way home. But before we went to our little apt, we dropped by the library to see if they had BBT Dvd's. They did not, but we found other stuff to watch, and Chris got some books. It was too cold to sit out in the sun, but I sat by the window to read the book I got the other day. Then, because it is too dark at night to sew, I used the remainder of the daylight to put a few more pieces together. Chris started watching Battlestar Galactica on his computer. When I heard it, I came and sat with him. We ate supper while watching it. At 6:15 he stopped it so he could play with 'the voices'. Michele was participating from her apt in Korea. Hearing her voice choked me up so much that I could not talk to her. When the game was fully underway, I went into the bedroom to read. The lamplight was so poor, it was hard to focus, and the eye strain made me fall asleep. I don't know when I fell asleep, but I awoke in the middle of the night, and can't go back to sleep, so why not post? I can't be any more awake than I already am.
* Here is a pic from the hail and farewell yesterday. You can just barely see the speaker's head. *

No comments: