Monday, November 28, 2011

Chris is gone


I got up when Chris left for work. There was not a great deal of daylight because it was another rainy day. I fixed and ate breakfast. I read my e-mail. I exchanged e-mails with Deb, who seems to be in charge of the quilt group here. She was planning to run errands around town and I asked if I could join her. So we met at Jo-anns. She had just finished returning an item, so I left my car and rode with her. We went to Kohls, Big Lots, and Dollar Tree. She drove by Hancocks so I could see where it was. We had lunch Jason's Deli which serves a selection of organic foods. We had quite a time chatting about our interests. She makes crocheted doll patterns and sells them. She dropped me off at Jo-anns by my car. I went inside to buy a crochet hook. While there, I browsed the bolts, fingered the fat quarters, and rifled through the remnants. But I resisted buying any fabric. From Jo-anns, I walked to Earth Fare for some raw organic cheese. Then I drove home in the rain. When I got back to the apartment, Chris was already there. He had gotten off early and packed his suitcase and was on his laptop. There was a large box of fabric nearby. Someone in the new guild had brought it to post so I would have something to work on: donation quilts. God must want me to have fabric. There was also an issue of the Seoul magazine that had the article about me. It was from Geri at the thrift shop. And along with it was a small gift from Ella (who PCS'd before I did, so I am a little confused). Chris picked up all his stuff and left for some place south of here. Wish I could remember. All I know is he has to be there first thing in the morning so he went today. And he plans to return tomorrow for my birthday. I used the remaining daylight to examine the box of fabric. I realized that I should have gotten higher wattage light bulbs while I was out shopping. With all the small pieces, it would have been perfect when I was looking for charm squares. There was also several bags of batting, and two quilt tops. One is a grandmother's flower garden that looks like it was pieced by hand. The other is a trip around the world quilt. Because there is a bag of matching squares in the box, I assume it is not finished. I could add to it, but the seam allowances are so big that I don't know if I can match them well enough. When it got dark, I fixed a salad for supper. I listened to a delta BWE twice. Then I watched TV. I also put in an order for supplements with Swansons. I know there are supplements in UB, but since I don't have access, I had to order more. It got late, so I finished up the order, and posted to my blog. I meant to be in bed quite some time ago.

No comments: