Monday, November 7, 2011

The pieces are coming together


After Chris went to work, I fixed breakfast and intended to do laundry. But while I was reading e-mail, MaryAnn skyped me. We had a oft interrupted chat. For some reason the connection wasn't good. Finally the call dropped altogether. By that time Chris had called to tell me not to drive the car until he brought home a copy of the proof of insurance. So I spent the rest of the morning sewing little pieces together. He came home for lunch. The sun was out, so I sat outside and read for an hour. Chris went back to work. I had a bite to eat, and then took all the dirty laundry to the laundromat. I washed it in two loads, and then dried it in one. But it wasn't dry, so I had to run it a second time. I stopped it periodically to pull out whatever was dry. When I got home, Chris was already there, working from his computer. I put the laundry away, and then took a walk for 45 minutes. We had leftover chicken for supper. The realestate agent e-mailed to set up a time to sign the rental agreement. She wants to get it done because someone else got their bid in first, but they have a pet, and we don't. I am excited to have a house, but not looking forward to the yard work. Neither is Chris. We discussed our plans for this weekend and Thanksgiving. Then we retired to our respective laptops to watch our respective TV series. My computer kept getting kicked off the net. Chris tried everything, but it had to be rebooted. Why did that work? Dunno. He says that is why computers are referred to in the feminine - no one understands them except their maker.

No comments: