Wednesday, November 2, 2011

'Checking out' the library


I woke up when Chris' alarm went off, but waited until more daylight came in the window to get up. I kissed him before he left for work. Then I read e-mail for awhile. One article was about the dangers of flu shots.
Here is a quote from Mike Wagnitz. He's a senior chemist at the University of Wisconsin. He's spent the last 20 years evaluating products for mercury. "A common myth is that thimerosal is added to vaccines in 'trace' amounts," he says. But he says this just isn't true. "The concentration of mercury in a flu vaccine is 50,000 parts per billion. Drinking-water can't exceed two parts per billion of mercury. Waste is considered hazardous if it has only 200 parts per billion." But flu shots are OK with 50,000 parts per billion. That means your average flu shot contains literally 250 times more mercury than hazardous waste.
Chris came home about 10:30 to work on his computer since he still can't use the one on his desk at work. He warned me about a test of the 'big voice' system at noon. Good thing too, 'cause when the sirens started up, and the voice warned us of severe weather, and to take cover, it sounded serious. After lunch he went back to work. I sat outside reading e-mail and enjoying the grass between my toes. The maid came by, and I told her we didn't need anything. Then I walked to the library. I looked over their collection and chose a book using the computerized card catalog. It was one Yongsan didn't have. I was afraid that they wouldn't let me check it out because I do not have a good address to give them. But I guess they checked my account at Yongsan and decided I was a good risk. Anyway, I walked toward home with the book. When I got to the abandoned basketball court, I walked over. It was secluded and a fallen tree was nearby. So I sat on it and started my book. I expected Chris to call when he got home. About 4:30 I shut the book and walked back to find Chris already there. He looked up the big Kroger in town and typed it into the GPS. We went there to buy groceries. They had the raw organic cheese that I was looking for. When we got home, we ate supper and I washed the dishes. I called William to see if he knew of any cars for sale. Chris set up his computer to play an episode of BBT from the CBS website. But the download speed was so bad, that we saw it in 6 second increments with long wait times in between. However, we used the time wisely;) Then he went to bed, and I have to check my e-mail one last time.

No comments: