Sunday, November 13, 2011

Last day in Augusta


We got up about the same time as yesterday. Seemed so early until Chris reminded me that my watch was still on Alabama time. Oops. So I quickly took a shower and got dressed for church. We said goodbye to Neal and April, and thanked them for their hospitality. Then we went to church. It was great to get there early and have time to surprise and greet our friends as they came in. Several of them invited me to sing with the choir for old times sake. I had never seen the music before, but it wasn't hard. Then the choir left, having stayed for the earlier service. I had forgotten that part. I went down to sit with Chris and his parents for the rest of the service. It was so nice to be back. I got to talk to a few people after church, too, and then Chris left for Huntsville. I went with Al and Cecily to Cracker Barrel. We met Mike and Kelly there for lunch. Afterwards, we went to their hotel room to watch football and chat. The red helmets were playing the gold helmets. The game went into overtime. I think the red helmets won. Anyway, the conversation was much better and that is where my attention was. Al brought his Consumer Reports for 2011. I skimmed the sections for refrigerators, washers and dryers. At supper time, we went to Outback for dinner. Cecily got lamb, as usual. I helped her eat it, and Kelly helped her with the bottle of wine. There was wine left, and the waitstaff said we could only take it with us if they sealed it in a bag and we put it in the trunk. So they did, and we did. Back at the hotel, we watched more football, and had more amusing conversation. After Mike and Kelly left, we prepared for tomorrow, putting out clothing and packing suitcases. I readied a bowl of breakfast ingredients for the morning. Then Cecily helped me fix up the hide-a-bed. She and Al retired to their room to watch more football, and I am posting to my blog. No football for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun to sing with friends at church... enjoy your stay there.
AL from CA.