Saturday, November 19, 2011

Yard sales



Last night I checked the clock before I went to bed: 12:30. I set an intention to wake up in 6 hours. Did not really think it would work, but gave it a shot. When I woke up, the clock read 6:20. I dressed and went to the kitchen to fix breakfast. I was worried that William would show up and I wouldn't be ready. But then I noticed that the clock in the kitchen was an hour behind. So I had plenty of time. I even checked my e-mail. William arrived about 6:30 and we set off for the West End. We yard-saled all morning. I thought I didn't need much but I bought books, a soap dish, swags, pencil sharpener, laptop case, pitcher, and clothes. It wasn't much compared to what I didn't buy. Then William took me to Goodwill. He checked out the bikes while I looked at a sewing machine and books. When he was done, he took me home. Mom and Dad were finishing lunch. So I got out something to eat. Then Dad took Mom to the car and asked me to bring the wheelchair bag and seat. As the front door closed behind me, I did not realize that it was locked. After they drove away, I discovered that I was locked out. I checked under a few rocks for a key. Then I cleaned the front porch, and part of the back yard. The shed was open, so I got a rake and made a pile of leaves in the front yard. The man across the street came over to tell me about someone who will rake the leaves for extra money. As I was stuffing leaves in a bag, my parents came home from the memorial service. When Dad found out I had been locked out, he decided I should have a key. It wouldn't have helped because I did not have my purse with me (or cell phone). So he walked to Home Depot and made a copy of his key. When he got back, we started supper. Dad cooked fish and I made veggie juice. Then I finished the fish while Dad arranged sweet potato slices on the plates. We read the Bible and ate supper. After supper, I made the topping for the pie from yesterday. Mom put on the blueberries. Chris called to say he had arrived at his parent's house. As I checked my e-mail, he Skyped me. Dad went for a walk because Home Depot wasn't far enough away. I did some quilting, read more e-mail, and watched a few sewing videos. Dad came back and started cleaning up. I tried to help him, but he stayed to watch me do it to see if I did it right. Finally he took Mom back for her bath while I washed up the sink area. When I finish this post I am going to bed.

No comments: