Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Just general errands


Because I wasn't able to get my car tag yesterday, I tried again today. I arrived at 8:15. They don't open until 8:30, but there was already a line. Fortunately at 8:30 a lady came out to divide the line into the regular group, and the Wednesday activites-only group. That made the line shorter. Only two people were ahead of me then. But she told me that the tag was only good until January, then I would have to renew it. Hopefully I can do that on-line and not have to stand in that line again. When I got back, the maid was in my apartment, cleaning in the kitchen. She has never come so early. She'd already made the bed and cleaned the bathroom. I told her I was sensitive to all those cleaners. Actually it seems a waste to use them every day. She told me I could hang out the do-not-disturb sign whenever I didn't want cleaning.
It was overcast today. And it rained on and off. I sat outside early. The sun was hidden behind the clouds. But I got to sit for almost an hour before it sprinkled. I might have stayed out longer, but I was using my laptop, and I don't think it is waterproof. Chris came home early for lunch, and stayed home to work on the computer. I finished watching the episodes of Monk. Then he drove me in my car to the library to return the books and DVD's. I wanted him to drive because a light was showing on my dash. Chris said it looked like an engine. I thought it looked like a submarine. Anyway, according to my owners manual, a malfunction message should appear. I watched it carefully the whole way, and no message appeared. Well, the sales man did say that something about the check-engine light coming on even though there was no problem.
When we got back, it was not raining any longer. So I went for a walk in the fading daylight. I can't believe that it gets dark by 5 now. I saw a patch of sunlight shining through the trees and I walked toward it. But I just found myself in wet grass. I wandered around a bit, and leaned up against a tree. The squirrel at the top chittered at me, apparently upset at having to share his tree. When I got back, the daylight was almost gone. I did a little sewing, making two potholders with a leftover strip of batting that had been used as packing. I used big stitches so I can 'reclaim' the fabric later when our potholders arrive. We ate leftovers in the frig. I started watching a movie on rollercoasters in 3D on VHS. Near the end my brother called to chat. Then I finished the movie. It was ok, but will be even better when we get our 42 inch screen TV! I watched a bit of regular programming, and then called my Dad to tell him I am arriving next week. Now I am finishing up my blog (in between Skypes from my brother), and am ready to turn in for the night.
* This is the actual front of the library. Apparently the door facing the street is the back entrance. The front entrance is behind the building, facing the parking lot. *

No comments: