Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

This morning I got up earlier and was in the kitchen before my mom started her breakfast. So as I fixed my meal, I gave her some of the nuts and berries that I normally eat. After breakfast I took a bath and then sat with my mother. Since my dad was using the laptop, I was quilting. I gave the quilt to my mom to work on for a bit. She did manage to do some stitching. But when she gave it back, she had smears of blood on her index finger. She had pricked it, but not badly. There was a little blood on the quilt, but I was able to get it out. I also did a little reading. I missed Dad cutting up the apples. He had progressed to the sandwiches when I noticed and juiced the veggies. Still, I gave Mom her glass, finished my own, and had almost completed the cleaning up when he was ready for lunch. After lunch, I took Mom to the bathroom and she wanted to change her clothes in order to go to Thanksgiving dinner with my in-laws. So I helped her do that. I packed my suitcase and yardsale items for Chris to store in the car. I vaccuumed the livingroom, den and hallway. I was waiting for my dad to be ready to go, but then it became obvious that we needed to leave with out them. Kurt arrived about 3pm. Chris and I drove over to his parents house. Faye was already there, and William had just arrived. He told us that he'd gotten a call from Kurt, and they were on the way. We went inside to greet James, Becca and their two kids William and Olivia. Their son was practicing his violin. Then my parents arrived, and Kevin came after that. Cecily had supper well in hand with Faye's help. Olivia had put placecards on the table, seating herself between Chris and me. Her mother said that she had been looking forward to sitting beside me all week. I don't know what the attraction is. The meal was marvelous, and I ate a little bit of everything except the rolls. I ate a lot of turkey. After supper, Cecily served two kinds of pie with whipped cream: pecan and pumpkin. I did not partake. However, the conversation was good and I enjoyed myself every bit as much as those who ate dessert. When everyone had finished, Kevin went home and so did Kurt, Mom and Dad. That was too bad 'cause Michele skyped us from Korea. It was Friday morning for her. We talked with her for over an hour. Her roommate was there and spoke a little. Michele was wearing her coat and hat and scarf because it was 45 degrees in her apartment. She had just turned the heat on and was waiting for it to warm up. She told us that one of my friends in Korea had invited her over for supper later that day. I was so glad to hear that. After an hour, Cecily went to bed, turning off her computer system. Well, that shut down the router and we lost connection with Michele. But Chris turned it back on and we talked some more. I told Michele that I was looking forward to seeing her PS2 again and playing DDR, but it won't be the same without her. Then she had to go eat and get ready for school. We talked around the table for awhile, then Faye and William went outside to their vehicles. But somehow we got to talking out there, too. But it was cold! Apparently I was the only one who thought so. Eventually we went back in for a bit, and then Faye and William went home. It is now after midnight and I am looking forward to going to bed. However, there is still conversation going on in the kitchen, and I love to hear them talk - when they aren't talking about gaming, their conversations are very informative and entertaining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!
AL from CA.