Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A chat with Faye

I woke up early again, but fell back asleep after Chris left. I had a very strange dream about bad guys invading our house and we had to climb out the window less than fully dressed. Freud wouldn't know what to make of it since there were no cigars. I actually exercised today for the first time since I hurt my tendon. I ran in place on the rebounder. Then I ate breakfast and read e-mail and listened to two audios which took so long that I stopped listening at some point. My sister e-mailed me for some commiseration. She was in bed with muscle spasms. She thought it was her back. So I called and we chatted. I don't know if it helped, but maybe it distracted her from the pain for awhile. She asked me not to blog about how much I didn't get done because of talking to her. So all I will say is that I finished 4 Sudoku puzzles during that time. The call ended around noon, and I went out to sunbathe, continuing the second audio. Then I boiled tea for kombucha, packed a box of manga, watered my plants, picked some tomatoes, and washed the last load of fabric from Pinehurst. I took a shower and laid down until the washing machine was finished. Then I started ironing the load. I heard Chris come home, but I kept ironing. I wasn't wearing a watch, so I came up to see the time. By then it was quarter of 6. I made a salad for supper and sat in the recliner until it was time to go to choir practice. It started at 7 and I was 2 minutes late. But it didn't seem to matter. Our director told us she had laryngitis. We rehearsed a number of songs and then called it quits. I stayed to see when she might want to schedule the piece I have been practicing. She didn't say, but wanted to get a brass ensemble together for Reformation day. When I got home, Chris was ready to watch the latest Netflix arrival - Larry Crowne. It starred Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts. It was pretty good. Then Chris went to bed and I am wondering what pic to post with this. Surely not the large roach that Chris just slapped off the wall in front of my computer.
* The old stand-by - a pic from Paducah *

No comments: