Thursday, September 27, 2012

Smarter than your average rabbit

Today had all the usual elements.  If you have been reading my blog, you know what they are.  And since it is Thursday, I took out the recycling.  But there were a few unusual elements.  I read a chapter book.  It took me back to my childhood.  I used to love chapter books, especially mystery ones.  Also after sunbathing, I saw our neighbor working in her yard so I spoke to her for awhile.  Then I grabbed the rabbit cage that was left by the carport.  I figured if it could keep rabbits in, it can also keep them out.  I dug a hole in the garden by the fence, put the cage over it, then planted my seedlings in it and covered them with dirt - watered them too.  So now the rabbits cannot eat the leaves, even if they try to dig under the cage.  They could eat the roots, but I doubt they will.  I am thinking it is a great idea.  Time will tell if there are unintended consequences.  I checked my e-mail.  I read that rebounding is good for your thyroid.  Then I hit the sewing room to sew more sashing and corner blocks.  Chris came home while I was down there.  He made supper and a potato casserole for work tomorrow.  He also cut up the carrot cake and arranged the pieces on a plate for another party at work.  I had my large salad and ate it while reading e-mail.  Chris helped me make a new e-mail address through g-mail.  Yahoo has been so unreliable lately that I have to get another address before I lose all my friends.  I went back to sewing.  The hardest part at this point is keeping the blocks in order.  My sewing table is not large enough to hold them all at once, even without the sashing.  Chris came down later to watch NCIS.  We saw the finale for Season 8.  Now the day is over and it is time for bed. 

No comments: