Monday, September 17, 2012

Frosting on the cake

It was a very productive day. After exercise and breakfast, I alternated e-mail with making chocolate cream cheese frosting, baking bread, putting a check in the mail, folding laundry, and washing the placemats I bought Saturday. I was not happy with the color of the frosting after I added the dark chocolate, but it needed something and I didn't have an orange. I frosted the cake, and had frosting left over. I sprinkled pecans on half of it, then put it in the frig. Although the yard was wet when I got up, it wasn't raining. But when it started up again, it did not stop for the rest of the day (and night). Needless to say, I did not water the plants. I boiled tea to make a new batch of kombucha. There was a lot of scoby in the jar, so I took out half, blended it up, and poured it over the pile of yard waste. Since the pastor said he was coming tonight, I cleaned. I considered using the leaf blower to dust the living room, and then positioning the fan to suck out the air. But the dust wasn't that thick. So I used a cloth that I bought at the $ store. I took a break to eat a pomegranate. I opened it and collected all the seeds in a bowl. Then I sat in front of the TV, eating seeds and folding more laundry. Chris came home early. I turned off the TV. He ran the dishwasher and made rice and pork for supper. I went downstairs to sew the 4 placemats together with a towel on the back for stability. I also discovered that the dishwasher was leaking into my sewing room. Fortunately the fabric near it is in a bag so nothing important got wet. When I finished the rug, I came up to eat supper and take a shower. I was so happy to have a rug that matches my bathroom ensemble! Then we read e-mail until the pastor and intern arrived. We sat in the livingroom and chatted about hobbies and stuff. Chris served them carrot cake and had a piece himself. When they left, he gave them cake to take home for their wives, and had another piece. I was glad to see that he really likes it. Then we went down to watch NCIS. The episode ended with "To be continued" and he went to bed. Here I sit, listening to the rain, wishing there had been sun today so I could take a nice pic of my veggie quilt top.

No comments: