Wednesday, September 19, 2012

First sun since Saturday

Chris got up early to go to work so it would be no surprise if I got up early.  But I didn't.  I went through the usual morning routine.  The sun made an appearance, so I laid out for a bit.  I also laid out my white shirt with a little lemon juice to get the blueberry stain out.  The weather was nice.  I opened the garage doors to let the last of the water evaporate.  I added soil to the houseplants in the livingroom and gave them some fresh air and water.  I called Sharon and left a message.  Bob called back, he said he could come by tomorrow.  He did not seem worried that the wet ceiling tiles might mold in the dark space.  I pulled all the jars of pickle juice from the frig.  I sliced up the peppers from our plant and put them in a jar.  I boiled the pickle juice and poured it over the peppers, hoping that would take away some of the burn.  Then I scrubbed the kitchen sink.  I noticed my hands were burning.  I washed them, then took a shower.  They still burned.  I rubbed them with coconut oil.  Then I tried baking soda.  Still they burned, like fire.  So I did some sewing to take my mind off of it, hoping the sensation would subside.  Eventually it did by the time Chris came home from work.  He fixed ground beef with tomatoes, onions, and garlic for supper.  I made myself a salad to go with it.  There must have been some pepper juice on the salad bowl because my thumb started burning.  I cleared some e-mail, then went to choir practice.  I saw Shannon there.  We shared a folder.  And Doris.  She offered to come on Friday for irises. We did not have an organist for practice because our organist is in the hospital and they can't figure out what is wrong with her.  I was amazed that no one in the choir could play the piano, or would admit to it.  The director played what she could.  We got through a few numbers, then the men were dismissed and the women practiced a piece.  I stayed to talk to Shannon and offer what music skills I have to the director.  Shannon showed me where a box of string was, suitable for making the craft.  Then I went home.  Chris was ready to watch NCIS, and we saw two episodes.  I just discovered that Blogger has removed the old familiar interface and I am now tasked with making this new one work.
 *  Here is a pic of my veggie quilt folded in fourths with the black cherry border fabric beside it. *

No comments: