Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Blocks in progress

I was up before 8 to read e-mail.  I figured out that I can 'jump' on the rebounder by using my arms for impetus instead of my feet.  That way it doesn't hurt my ankle. After breakfast, Charlie showed up.  I quickly wrote a check and ran out to hand it to him and ask him to mow the grass a little higher.  He thinks it will only need to be mowed once or twice more this year.  Really?  Ok.  I picked some peppers for him.  I found the box that held the spider.  She moved her egg sac under the flap and was holding on to it with all 8 feet.  I am not afraid of spiders, but this one makes me question my ambivalence.  If there is one, there may be lots more that I haven't seen.  Is any place in the house or yard safe?  On the other hand, does she deserve to die just because she was born a spider?
Then I went to the post office to mail a box of books.  There was no one in line and hardly any cars in the lot.  I was worried that the building was closed, but it was open and everything went smoothly.  I went straight home.  After clearing more e-mail, I laid out in the sun.  I am not sure how much longer it will be warm enough to do that.  Then I finished cutting corner units for the stack and whack.  I started sewing sashing strips.  About 4:30 I came to a good stopping place and went upstairs to take a shower.  I was reading the latest e-mail when Chris came home.  We ate supper and then I left for church.  There was an education meeting at 7 and choir practice at 8.  I agreed to continue for the next 4 week session.  They talked a lot about the Christmas program which will be a Charlie Brown play.  The turnout for choir was small.  And our organist was still in the hospital.  The pastor says the doctors have determined that she has cancer and will do chemo every 10 days.  Our director lead us through all our songs.  Then the men were excused while the women stayed to practice with the kids.  It was in two parts with the women singing counterpoint.  She was having trouble playing and directing at the same time, so I offered to play and she let me.  Then everyone left but three of us.  We talked about Sunday School and a substitute organist.  Then we went home.  Chris was playing a computer game, so I read e-mail for awhile.  Then we watched several episodes of NCIS.  Chris went to bed, and I cut a few more sashing strips before posting to my blog and going to bed.
*  Here is a setting that I auditioned for the blocks.  I decided not to use it because it is so busy.  *

No comments: