Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I love show and tell

My bladder woke me up early, even before Chris got out of bed. After he left, I got up for breakfast. I tried the rebounder. There was still some pain, but not enough to stop me. Still, it might mean jumping is not a good idea yet. I did a little running in place and that worked fine. I started the first audio and ate through it. I also cleared the sink and loaded the dishwasher. During the second one I folded the laundry and put mine away. Then MaryAnn skyped me. We chatted until lunch time. Then she had laundry duty. While we were talking, the doorbell rang. The postman was delivering packages and mail, but he didn't ring twice. After the call, I had a bite for lunch and finished my audio. i looked up how to build an antenna on Youtube as MaryAnn suggested. Each one used something I didn't have. Then I spent some time lying on the grass in the sun. It made me all sweaty so I took a shower. After the shower I took an unplanned nap. Then I tried to find the notes I took on my green and purple quilt so I could do a presentation on the first block. But I could only find one sheet of notepad paper. Maybe it was enough considering the president of the guild wasn't sure the members wanted to do it. When Chris came home, he fixed himself a burrito. I was too rushed to eat. I had run out of certain supplements and had to reorder. Then I grabbed the quilt from our bed for show and tell. I also had to put on long pants because the guild meets in a cold room. I drove the Bob Wallace route to UAH. When I got to our room, there were boxes of fabric for anyone who wanted some. I took a piece of blue floral. Most of what was there looked like leftovers from factory cut garments - stacks of odd shaped pieces. The first order of the evening was show and tell. See pic. We discussed how to deal with people who join the Yahoo group, but never come. We also discussed going to the sewing expo in Birmingham. I wasn't going to go, but since Deb said she was driving and had room for three more, I changed my mind. We discussed making my green and purple quilt as a BOM and it went over well. So I gave out the fabric requirements. After the meeting, Lisa had boxes of quilting books and various kinds of thread donated by a former quilt shop owner. We had fun making selections. Nothing earth shattering. As usual Deb and I were the last to leave. Amanda was with us as we walked out. And as usual, we all stood on the sidewalk and chatted until it was way later than we intended. On the way home, I stopped at the little Asian store for natto and seaweed. He had a package of kimbap too. Now that I had tasted the one from Korea House, I decided to try this one to see if I liked it any better. But I waited until I got home. Yes, it was better, and Chris had a piece, too. Then we watched MASH downstairs. Chris went to bed, I stayed up to exercise my memory on the days events.

No comments: