Monday, September 24, 2012

The surprize is inside

I had my usual morning, except that I did not exercise.  The rebounder had two baskets of laundry on it.  I folded the laundry, after breakfast.  Then I got stuck in a Dr. Dain Heer replay list on Youtube.  It is 99 videos long, but they are short ones.  I have only watched 20 so far.  I drained, rinsed and cooked the quinoa that was soaking.  When it was cool, I put it in the frig.  Chris had put the ingredients for bean soup in the crock pot and left it cooking all day.  Ah, the smell!  I  got out tongue depressors for the craft next Sunday.  I used the drill to make a hole in each end.  Despite being as careful as I could, I cracked 5 before I got 8 good ones.  I went outside to get some fresh air.  I raked the leaves and mowed the lawn inside the fence.  I threw sticks on the stick pile and mowed the ditches out front.  After I put the mower away, I looked for a box to mail some books in.  I found the right size box, but it had a surprise - a spider.  A black one.  One with a red underbelly.  I decided the box wasn't quite right after all.  I went to get my camera, but the black widow spider moved from the web and crawled under the flap of the box.  So all I could photograph was the egg sack.  I didn't want to kill it, but I definitely don't want baby widows all over the property.  (Could I Freecycle it?)  I left the box in the driveway for Chris.  I put on my bathing suit and laid in the sun for awhile.  Then I went in and fell asleep.  Chris came home and woke me up.  He said the soup was ready so we ate some.  Later we went down to watch some NCIS. 

No comments: