Sunday, September 23, 2012

More than they told me

I got up at 8 to eat breakfast, shower, dress, and be ready to leave at 9.  Chris was not ready at 9 because he had forgotten about Sunday School.  So I went by myself.  The setup and opening went well, maybe too well.  They were finished early which meant I had the kids more than 20 minutes.  I was expecting 4 students and prepared for 6.  7 showed up.  I had to scrounge parts from my model.  I gave them clothespins that were already strung.  So all they had to do was string the lids and then the hanger.  Shannon and I had to tie the knots for them. But they all finished in the time allotted. After they left, I prepared double the amount of clothespins for next week.  Then I took my stuff out to the car, bringing in my choir folder.  Wouldn't you know it, I remembered my folder, but we did not sing today because the organist was in the hospital. They hired the lady from the nursery to play the organ.  I figured she must be an organist.  But she only played the treble parts on the hymns. The skills she demonstrated were no better than mine.  On the one hand I was surprised they didn't get someone more proficient. On the other hand, what she did was enough to keep the service (and the singing) going.  Maybe someone will come forth from the congregation who can play both hands.  After the service, I went home and Chris went grocery shopping. I changed my clothes and practiced my instrument.  Chris brought the groceries in and we put them away.  I made a salad for lunch.  I read e-mail, and played an audio downstairs while I looked through my quilt magazines for the one that inspired me to collect fruit and veggie fabrics.  I did not find it and my battery ran down.  I came back up to recharge it.  Chris was ready for a haircut, so we did that outside.  I picked up sticks from the patio and yard to place on the stick pile.  I repotted some houseplants and brought them inside.  I had a bite for supper and then went down to sew black corners on my blocks.  I came up to find Chris, who wasn't ready to watch TV.  So I read e-mail for a bit, then took my laptop down to listen and sew some more.  When I had given up on Chris coming down, he came down.  It was almost his bed time, but he wanted to watch 1 episode with me.  Then he went to bed, and I am wondering what pic I can post with this.  Ah, here is one of the quilts we saw yesterday in Birmingham.

No comments: