Friday, September 14, 2012

New salad greens

The day started early with the feeling that something was wrong. But I was mistaken. I started reading e-mail, and listening to the first audio. I exercised and ate breakfast. And the audio kept going. I finished e-mail and checked out the fabric swatches with the photos that I took last week. I got some sunbathing in right around lunch time. I also opened the seed packets, picked out a few from each packet and let them soak while I planted the seedlings that I got yesterday. After the seedlings were planted in the ground, I planted the seeds in the planter. Then I watered it all. In digging up the ground, I came across the turnips that I picked leaves from months ago. The greens were gone and the turnips were rotten. I threw them in the yard trimmings pile. Some animal will love them. I washed up and went into my sewing room. I cut two strips from each food fabric. Keeping them in order, I sewed them end to end, creating a strip 1600 inches long. I wrapped it around a square quilting hoop to keep it organized until the jelly roll race tomorrow. When I finished, it was 5:30 and Chris hadn't come home yet. So I called each of his three phones and got no answer, nor did any of them take a message. But he drove in before 6. He ate supper in front of his computer and I ate my salad while watching TV. It was a show about a boss who goes undercover to see what his employees are doing. Then we went down to watch NCIS. This new-to-us season has the same cast, but 'McGee' has lost a bunch of weight. I did not think he was fat to begin with. Now it is really late and I have to get up tomorrow for the races.
As I download today's pic of the garden, I am missing XP and the way it allows me to store my pics by subject rather than date.

No comments: