Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My projects



I got an early start on the day, another rainy one. I checked the basement for leaks and that lead to sewing - not my usual pre-breakfast activity. Somehow I broke away to follow normal morning programming. I ate breakfast, cleared e-mail and watched a video about a engineer and inventor who dreams up cities and transportation of the future. I checked my planter and saw that the seeds have sprouted already. I planted pomegranate seeds in a pot. I swept the wet leaves off of the deck and stairs. I called the property manager to report the leaks. She said she'd have Bob come right over. While I was waiting, I emptied the dishwasher and restacked it. But he didn't come. So I went down to sew, leaving the door to the basement open so I could hear the phone if it rang. I also opened both garage doors to let the water dry up. Then it rained again. I took my umbrella out to walk in the water. I did sew, making 20 octagons from the stack-n-whack that Deb gave me. Then I tried to think of ways to put them together in a quilt. The problem with a s-n-w is that each one is different. Some have lots of color and some have very little. One is mostly red, another yellow, another gray, and another black. I auditioned a number of fabrics. Chris came home about 5. He went to vote and returned quite quickly. I did not go since I did not know enough about the issue to make an informed decision. We had supper and I watched the news and a televised episode of NCIS. Then we watched DVD episodes of NCIS together. Bob never did show up.
* See the rug that I made from placemats. I think they look better as a rug. And they are the perfect color match. *

No comments: