Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Good bye, old friend

I read e-mail first thing. I looked for an audio, but there weren't any and I wondered if Yahoo forgot to send them. I exercised and ate breakfast. I was waiting for Charlie to mow the grass but I waited in vain. I wanted to go to the plant place, but also wanted to be here to pay Charlie. I also sunbathe after he leaves, but he didn't come and he didn't come, so around 2 I laid out in the sun. I called my parents to see how the botox appointment went. Mom said her hand was sore, but there was no difference in her curled fingers. They were at the fitness center. I worked on my prototype windchime for the education meeting. The last step was to drill holes in the ends of the tongue depressors to feed the yarn through. But the drill battery was discharged. I left it on the charger for several hours, but it didn't help. Maybe by tomorrow it will be usable. I picked the ripe tomatoes and swept the leaves off of the stairs. If Charlie had come, he would have done it. But he didn't even call, so I don't know what happened to him. I tried to do some work on the desktop computer but it was really slow at Windows Explorer tasks, which should have been fast. When it stopped altogether, I rebooted it and practiced my trombone while it booted back up. But Windows wouldn't open, so I rebooted it again. And again. Finally it told me that it could not load Windows because it might hurt my computer. Really? It is just now figuring that out? Anyway, there was nothing else I could do so I retired to my laptop. I took a shower and dressed in nice shorts and a top. When Chris came home, I was working on piping in the basement. He spent some time with my desktop and pronounced the harddrive dead. A moment of silence, please. Then I gathered my prototype, the uniform shirts, and the books Doris lent me, and drove to church. I dropped off the uniform shirts. The education meeting was held in the fellowship room. The acoustics are not good in there. I think they need quilts on the walls. I had to leave the meeting early to go to choir practice. I had forgotten my choir folder, and figured I could pick up a new set of music on the way in. But it wasn't set out like last week. So I had to share with Doris. Then the women were asked to stay late to practice a song with the girls. After that, we were dismissed, but I stayed to talk to the organist and then Shannon came over and we chatted for quite a while about Sunday school. Finally we walked out to the parking lot where we chatted more. It was 9 by the time I got home. I wanted to watch TV with Chris but he was busy. So I went down by myself. CSI was on which was just the kind of thing I wanted to watch. A lot of the characters have changed though. Then the local news came on. Huntsville schools are going to laptop instruction. Things are not going smoothly, but the superintendent says that is to be expected. When I got tired of the news, I came up. I'll be in bed as soon as I find a pic for this post. Ah, my prototype.

No comments: