Monday, December 3, 2012

Crafty Sunday

I got up at 8 to be ready to leave at 9. I wore the fancier of the two watches Chris bought me. But I wore the same dress I wear every Sunday 'cause it is easy to wash if I get any glue, paint, glitter, etc on it. I put my stuff in the car and drove to church. The craft session for this block has been the second half of the Sunday School hour. But the choir director needed some of the girls to practice singing for church later. So we started the craft in the first half. After 20 minutes, the choir director came in to sing the song to the girls and then let them stay to finish the craft, which took more than 20 minutes because they wanted to use ALL the pieces, not just the ones I selected. Well, actually there was one girl who complained about everything and that made it take longer. I told the kids to pick their banners up after church when the glue was dry. I had to leave right on time to practice with the choir women. We sang The Holly and The Ivy when the greens were presented. Chris joined me for church. The sermon was about waiting patiently for the Christ child. I read in the bulletin that Julie was looking for people to make costumes for the Christmas play. So after church I found Julie and volunteered my services. She had already found people to sew, but gave me the job of making Charlie Brown ornaments as gifts for the kids after the play. She also gave me one dress to make. The plan to is to make pillowcase dresses for the play and then donate them to "Little Dresses for Africa". I went back to the craft room to clean up. Chris went to the grocery store. There wasn't much I could clean up because the kids left their crafts and all the little pieces lying on the tables. Since there is no Sunday School next week, I thought I would leave them, hoping the kids will get them at some point. As I was finishing up a wreath left from 2 Sunday's ago, the girl who complained so much came in to work on her banner. When I finished the wreath, I asked her to turn off the light when she was done and I left. The kids were staying after church to practice for the play. Chris was on his computer when I got home. He had two chickens in the oven. I changed my clothes, and got out the rice from Friday night. Chris started polishing his shoes, so I asked him to do mine also. He showed me how he did it. Then I tried to do the same thing to another pair I have that are not leather. It did not work as well, but they do look little better. I beat an egg and fried it in Chris' new frying pan in a long rectangle. I put the rice in after that to warm up with some sesame oil. I made a roll of kimbap with the rice, nori, egg, and imitation crab legs. I ate it with mustard. I wanted to make another one to use up the rest of the egg. I had to cook more rice. While it was cooking, I cut Chris' hair. He wanted it short. Then I went out to rake leaves before the sun set. After an hour I came in, but forgot about making kimbap when I smelled the chicken. Chris took it out of the oven to cool. I made a salad and included greens from my garden. I picked all the green tomatoes, too, in case Chris would fry them for me. I put some of the chicken on top of the salad. I ate the whole thing in front of my computer. Then I used the rice (still sitting on the stove) to make three rolls of kimbap. I only had enough egg for two, so I put kimchi in the third one. I wrapped them in plastic and placed them in the fridge. Chris packed for his trip to San Antonio, and fried the green tomatoes that I picked earlier. Then we watched several episodes of Get Smart before going to bed. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I forgot to mention that Chris wanted to play with the voices last night, but not enough voices showed up. Michele did, though, and it was really nice to talk to her for awhile. It was hard not to tell her what is in the box we just sent. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I read that seniors who eat the most carbs have four times the risk of mild cognitive impairment of those who eat the least. Just FYI for those of us over 50.

No comments: