Saturday, December 29, 2012

Heading back towards home


I turned on the paraffin bath just before I went to bed. It was hot in the morning, a little too hot. So I unplugged it. I greeted my parents. Dad was getting breakfast ready and Mom was waiting in the den. I put her finger splint on for 15 minutes, until the paraffin bath was ready. Then I dipped her hand and sat her at the table. Dad and I gave her her pills. Then she started eating. I fixed my own breakfast and one extra for tomorrow. After eating, I packed up my suitcase and skimmed through e-mail one last time. Then we said goodbye to my parents. We headed out around 10 CST. We started and finished a book on CD. We stopped for lunch. First we tried Cracker Barrel, but there were no parking spaces there. So we went to Subway. No parking there, either. We ended up at Hardees. I got a turkey burger with no sauces and a side salad. I gave Chris the bun. While I was eating the salad, I sneezed with my mouth closed. This forced the food in my mouth into my nose. After we finished eating, I went outside to blow the food out. Most of it came out, but not all. Hours later we arrived in Bristol, and that is when the last piece came out. We checked into the hotel, and powered up our laptops. After a while, I took a shower and we went to the hotel restaurant for supper. I had trouble choosing between the steak and the tuna. Chris suggested the steak. I ordered it rare. Chris got a Reuben sandwich. The hotel desk gave us a coupon for a free appetizer so we also got the spinach artichoke dip. The leftover food went into a styrofoam box which Chris put in the car overnight. It was snowing so we knew it would stay cold. We went back to the room to watch TV. We saw The Big Miracle, a movie about saving 3 whales, and Santa Jr. And went to bed.
* I didn't take any pics today, but here is one of Faye's Amish nativity *

No comments: