Monday, December 10, 2012

Quilters Christmas Party

I rushed through my normal morning routine. I had planned to walk to the party, not knowing that it was going to rain. But since it wasn't raining hard, I put on my rain boots and walked anyway. I took only my blue shoulder bag with the fudge cut up into a bowl. And an extra ruler and fat quarter as a bingo prize. I had googled the distance so I knew that it was only .9 miles away. It was a nice walk. And not much parking when I got there. First we stood around chatting. Then when the hostess and her mother were ready, we lined up at the buffet table. There were places set all over the downstairs. The house was incredibly decorated for Christmas. I sat with some other ladies in the kitchen. We had a nice chat. Later we all gathered in the den to exchange 12 Days of Christmas gifts. It was an event that had begun last January, so I was not involved. But, several ladies had gotten together to make one for me. We opened our gifts in the order we were sitting. It was so much fun to see what the other ladies got. When the gifting was over, we were supposed to play bingo for prizes. But people had to leave, so it was decided that we should go by the prize spot and pick something up. One lady saw me and made sure I got the prize she wrapped because it 'was a good one'. And it was. It was a set of 4 square rulers in graduated sizes. But I already own three of those sizes.
I felt she would be disappointed if put it back and chose something else, so I thanked her. Another lady offered me a ride home and I went. She dropped me off near the carport. Driving is so much faster than walking. Since I did not eat much at the party, I fished some leftovers out of the fridge. I read e-mail for quite some time and finished a long audio that I started before I left. I fixed myself a salad and was meditating when Chris came home. He made a burrito for his supper. i folded two baskets of laundry and put them away. I went downstairs to make a Christmas present for someone. But I just couldn't think of where to start. So much fabric means so many decisions. I returned to my laptop to google examples. This happened several times. Finally Chris was ready to watch TV and we finished another DVD of Get Smart. * The object in the second pic is called a Quiltsicle, or 'fabric on a stick'. It is just enough fabric to make a quilt block. Sadly it does not include a picture of the block it is supposed to make. *

No comments: