Thursday, December 13, 2012

The old Hat trick

I started my day by checking e-mail and listening to the most recent audios. When I realized it was after 9, I stopped to make breakfast and start a loaf of bread in the machine. I took the recyclables out to the curb and a box of beer bottles went into the carport. Soon I shall have to make a run to the recycling building to drop off the glass. They won't take it curbside. After lunch I went down to work on making a long patchwork strip. I quit around 2 to rake leaves. It was warm enough to do it barefoot. We really don't have any leaves right now, but a fair amount of pinestraw has fallen from the neighbor's trees. It was more than enough to take up an hour. I picked some greens from my garden and made a salad. I wanted to finish the strip project, but my sewing table is several layers deep in unfinished projects. I did my best to clean up and make some space. I checked more e-mail, did a meditation, and practiced my trombone. When Chris came home, we had supper. I turned on the lights in the greenhouse because it was so cold. I packed some skeins and a hook in a bag and went to a church just past ours. Julie had invited me. Only one other person came, so it was just the three of us. She showed us how to crochet hats. I had more yarn from a scarf I had made, so I thought a matching hat was in order. It was almost 8 when we broke up. I went home to find Chris waiting for me to watch TV. The selection of the evening was "Sharpe's Rifles" with Sean Bean. Chris had to explain to me the meaning of the officer and uniform stuff. Then we went upstairs and I took a pic of Chris's back. It sure looks like a bad case of poison ivy to me. * A pic from the house where we had the party. *

No comments: