Sunday, December 23, 2012

Our trip to Virginia, halfway

We got up around 8 and started packing. I also ate breakfast and skimmed my e-mail. I packed clothes first, then electronic gadgets, then supplements and special foods. We were on the road just before 10:30. Chris had gotten 4 Janet Evanovitch books on CD and we listened to one of the unnumbered ones; Plum Spooky. We ate some food we rescued from the frig and then we stopped at a Burger King for a late lunch. My dad called to see where we were. But all I knew is that it was the exit for The Lost Sea. When we started the trip, I wore my black eyeshades to protect my eyes from the sun, which is increasingly necessary. But after a few hours of this, I began to feel nauseous and had to take them off. But I hung my scarf through the handle above the window and it blocked the worst of the sun. We arrived at the hotel around 4 CST and 5 EST. Once we got into our room, we opened our laptops and read. Around 8 we went to the hotel's restaurant for supper. I didn't get anything because it was so late and I try not to eat after 5. The place was fairly empty but a band was setting up. I think they do an after-dinner drinks type business. After dinner we watched First Contact on SyFy. It was almost midnight when we went to bed. * pic of quilted tablerunners from the guild *

No comments: