Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sewing Saturday

I got up before 9 to get ready for Sewing Saturday. Seems like we've had a lot of them lately. I took a shower and ate breakfast. I packed my ornaments=in-progress. I packed the kimbap that I have been saving all week. I checked my e-mail. There was a notice on Skype from Michele so I called her. It was the middle of the night and she was feeling lonely and overwhelmed with end-of=term papers and exams. Chris joined us and the three of us had a nice, long chat. Then I loaded my machine in the car and drove to UAH. There were only two ladies there; not much of a turnout. I sat down to finish the ornaments by sewing on the backings and hanging loops. But I could not find the spool of black thread that I was sure I packed. Fortunately there was half a bobbin of black thread in my fanny pack. I used that to make as many as I could - 15! Then I cut some blue fabric into a binding for another quilt. I sewed the strips together and pressed in in half. I wound that around a ruler to keep it flat 'till I got home. Then I folded a piece of pre-quilted fabric in half and sewed around the edges. I folded the top down and stitched it. After turning it rightside out, I topstitched the seams. It fit my new tablet perfectly. Having nothing more to do, I packed up and went home. On the way home, I stopped at the Asian market and bought sprouts and persimmons. When I got home, I used some of the sprouts in a salad. Chris gamed with the voices. I took my laptop downstairs to listen while I finished sewing the remaining five ornaments. I also finished 'quilting' two old washcloths together. Chris' game must have been short because when I came up, he was done. So later we watched several episodes of Get Smart before going to bed.

No comments: