Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Indicator Icon

There were a slew of audios in my inbox this morning. I did not get to them all. I finished the red one started yesterday. About 11 I quit in order to take a shower. As soon as I turned off the water, the doorbell rang. The Fedex man rings the doorbell when he leaves a package, but does not wait for me to answer it. So I wrapped a towel around me and opened the door. There stood the mailman. He handed me the mail, and put a box inside the door. I wasn't letting go of the towel to take it from him. He apologized and left. I proceeded to get dressed. I put my handmade scarves in the car for later. Then I headed to the restaurant to meet some friends. As soon as I pulled out of the carport, an indicator light that I have never seen before came on, and it dinged. I did not know if it was serious or not, but I hadn't time to waste. I noticed that symbol was the same as the one by the gauge that read 0 to 260 F. As I drove towards the restaurant, the gauge needle went higher and higher. I was only going 2 miles so I figured it would be ok. I took the first parking spot I could find and hurried towards Surin of Thailand. It was crowded and noisy. We ordered. Poor Deb did not like fish taste and everything had fish sauce on it. But she found something that had a strong ginger flavor and it was ok. I enjoyed a duck entree. We talked about mostly quilting stuff. Deb googled VW indicator lights and mine was for low coolant system. So after lunch I drove to Firestone, which was just across the street and down a bit. The light did not come back on. A Firestone man checked the car for fluids and air and the battery charge. Took him 45 minutes 'cause he kept walking away. When he was finished, he said there was nothing wrong but the steering fluid was low. There was no charge for that. What nice people they are! I drove to Kroger for flaxseed, then to the bank to cash a check. No light. The gauge read 190. So I went home. It was almost 4. I turned on the Christmas lights in the greenhouse. I read e-mail and put on another audio. When Chris came home, I made myself a big salad. Later I drove to choir practice. The kids were just finishing up play practice. I got Elizabeth to make a handprint for the quilt. I picked up the bag of fabric that was to be made into a dress. i dropped off the scarves. The choir director said they were only practicing for Christmas eve, so I left. I stopped at Hobby Lobby to pick up some doublefold bias binding to match the material. I looked at other stuff, but didn't buy anything else. They closed at 8, so I was home soon after. I checked e-mail again and texted Michele over Facebook for a few minutes until Chris was ready to watch TV. We finished the season of Get Smart. Then he showed me the rash now on his stomach. It had started on his back when he was in Texas. I rubbed it with a mixture of olive and neem oil. I hope it will be better in the morning.

No comments: