Monday, December 3, 2012

Sewing Monday

Chris got up in the middle of the night to shower and get ready to leave town. He drove to the airport, but the plane was late. I got up about 7. I checked my e-mail, exercised, and ate breakfast. There was an e-mail from Chris as he waited for the plane. I started an audio on tooth health. I stopped it at 10 to get ready for quilting. I packed the Christmas table runner and the fabric and instructions for the dresses. I packed a roll of kimbap and a persimmon for lunch. I saw the organic beef that we bought a week ago and thought it needed to be cooked immediately. After that, I went to the church. I got there about 11. It took 3 minutes by car today and 27 minutes by foot last week. I finished the tablerunner first. Then, after starting the first dress, I broke for lunch. We each ate separately. The kimbap fell apart as I tried to pick it up. The pieces weren't completely separated. I guess I'm not a very good Korean wife. I worked on the dresses as much as I could until I ran out of green bias tape. It was about 3 when I left. When I got home, I just had time to spend an hour outside. I did some raking and some mowing. Then I picked some greens for a salad and checked the mail. After eating a large salad with the beef and some chicken, I checked e-mail again. I finished the audio started this morning. I researched links for handmade ornaments. I have to bring one to the party tomorrow. I decided on the one in the picture. Not because it was the easiest, or the simplest, or the quickest or even the prettiest. I picked it because I thought I could it a better way than the directions said. I went downstairs to try it out. For some reason I had to finish sewing the green dress first. Then I checked my supply of bias tape for bright green, but there was none. I read the directions for the Charlie Brown ornaments that Julie also wants. I had few questions so I tabled that project for the moment. I traced, sewed and cut out the circles for the handmade ornament. Then I brought them upstairs so I could do the turning and handstitching as I watched an episode of Castle on my laptop. I also e-mailed Julie about the bias tape and the Charlie Brown. Castle ended before I finished sewing, and another show started. I think it was called 666. When the sewing was done, I started this post. Now it is past time for bed.

No comments: