Monday, December 31, 2012

NYE, end of 2012


New Years Eve should be a special day, and yet like most supposedly special days, it started in the most ordinary way. I exercised, read e-mail and ate breakfast. The Monday group was meeting as usual, so I packed up my Christmas tree tablerunner project with 3 packs of seaweed and a container of coconut juice. When I arrived, they were having lunch. So I sat and ate two packets of seaweed. Joan wanted to try a piece, and she thought it was just awful. Oh well.
The group was bigger than I expected for a holiday. Bertha said it was because they had no lives. We all sewed on our own projects. I watched Laurie trim her batik quilt. She threw the trimmings in the wastebasket and I fished them out. Joan worked on a t-shirt quilt. Myrna made placemats. Barbara was working on a block in two solid colors. Dinah wasn't there, which was a shame since she gave me the fabric to start the tablerunner. Not long before 4pm I had done as much on the tablerunner as I could, so I packed up to go home. When I arrived, Bob was getting in his truck to leave. He had put collars on the vent pipes because it was supposed to rain tonight. I pointed out the wooden pole that fell in the windstorm, and gave him a Christmas card that was meant for the home owner. After he left, I talked to Chris who was home early. I spent some time picking up branches and smaller sticks that had fallen in the front yard. Then I sat down to read my e-mail. Chris made organic ground beef for supper and I added a large salad. I unpacked my suitcase and emptied the dishwasher. After a while, we went down to watch the last episodes of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett. Then we returned to our laptops. I heard fireworks and ran outside to see, but the trees were in the way. Although day isn't quite over yet, I don't see any signs of it being special.

No comments: