Saturday, December 15, 2012

The not-so-happy hooker

I didn't do much today because there wasn't much I could do. It was very frustrating that my right ankle wouldn't hold my weight. Hopping and rolling got me to the bathroom, the kitchen and the dining room where my laptop is plugged in. Mostly I kept my right foot on the rolling chair with an ice bag on it. I went through all the audios and did multiple internet searches, mostly for a craft related to King Herod and the wise men, which is the story for the next Sunday School block. I came across various ways to depict wisemen, crowns, stars, and the three gifts. Did you know that myrrh is good for skin conditions like stretch marks? I took a break for lunch. I emptied the dishwasher and swept the kitchen floor. Chris helped me prepare a magnesium and baking soda bath for my ankle. I put it in a plastic drawer so my foot would fit nicely. That lasted about 30 minutes. I went back to my laptop because that was all I could do. I wanted to go down and sew, but I am being really careful with my ankle so it will be well enough for church tomorrow. At one point the doorbell rang. It was the postman with Faye's gift. Now all I have to do is wrap it. Chris made bean soup in the crock pot. We had an early supper. Then he gamed with the voices, including Michele. I talked to Kurt on the phone and over Skype. He wants me to sign up for TextNow, but I need a more compelling reason than because it is free. I crocheted while listening to a few meditation tracks and the Ricky Tims Christmas Concert. I created a red hat to go with the red and white scarf I made days ago. With any luck, I will be able to deliver it to church tomorrow.

No comments: