Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Getting ready for Christmas

Today was not as interesting as yesterday. I iced my ankle as a preventative measure while eating breakfast. I listened to 2 audios and started a third in the basement while sewing. Chris came home about 11:15. I joined him and we went back to post so he could show me the building where he works. It is a secure building so we had to leave our cell phones and my camera in the car. Chris signed me in with security and they gave me a visitor's tag to wear. He took me up to the third floor to meet his coworkers, some of whom I have met already. They were all very nice to me. I pretended to use one of the Christmas pins on my shirt to take 'spy' pictures. Chris did not find it amusing. We went to a village of shops and restaurants. We entered a place called Connor's. His boss had made reservations for the four of us. They showed up soon after we did. We had a very nice lunch, and a good chat. I had not met Chris' boss' wife before. There was a large group next to us that was having a gift exchange/steal. When we left the restaurant we had to walk quite a ways to find the car. The lunch crowd was huge, but it had cleared out by the time we were leaving. Chris had the rest of the day off, so we headed home, stopping at Wal-mart to pick up a paraffin bath. But they did not have the Revlon bath like their website indicates. I spent quite a while searching online to see who else would have it. Walgreens. I decided to go after supper when traffic might be lighter. I went into the basement to finish my strip project and hem a pair of pants. Then I started scrounging for boxes to wrap presents in. All of a sudden it was 7:45. I drove quickly to Walgreens in case it closed at 8 (like Hobby Lobby). But I needn't have worried. They did not close at 8, and they did not have any paraffin baths. So I tried Target, in the same shopping center. Nope. I tried Bed Bath and Beyond. They were out and suggested Sally Beauty supply. But Sally's was closed. I tried Dick's sporting Goods (sportmen need to take care of their hands, right?) And Marshalls. Still no luck. I came home and we watched one episode of Sherlock Holmes (with Jeremy Brett). Now I am sitting here wondering if I should order the paraffin bath online and hope it comes by Christmas, or continue to look in other WalMarts and Walgreens.

No comments: