Monday, December 31, 2012

Home again, home again


We slept in late at the hotel. The cars in the lot were covered with snow, but the pool was not frozen. I ate my breakfast and skimmed e-mail while Chris took his shower. Then we packed up and checked out. The snow on the car brushed off easily. We stopped at a nearby gas station to fuel up. Then we were on our way home.

We continued listening to the fourteenth Janet Evanovitch book on CD. I had almost fallen asleep when Chris pulled off the highway to stop at Subway. I ordered a vegetable salad and he got an egg and cheese sub. We were almost home when the book on CD ended. After we unloaded the car, we went to Publix for groceries. When we got back, I called my father to let him know we had arrived safely. I watered my greenhouse garden, which was still looking good. I was afraid the lights would have burnt out or the garden would have dried out from the constant heat. The other vegetable bed looked reasonable, too. The collard greens had frozen off, but the Swiss chard was still ok. I unpacked the food box. I ate the rest of my rare steak from last night. I picked up sticks within the fenced area in back of the house. Chris cooked a spaghetti squash for supper. We read e-mail as we ate. I changed from Yahoo Classic to the new Yahoo to see if it was more reliable. Around 9:30 we went down to watch 2 episodes of Sherlock Holmes. Then we retired to bed.

* Here is a pic from our Christmas party. What a gift for Dad! *

No comments: