Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A new kind of puzzle - Masyu

masyu puzzleI woke up expecting to hear twice as much noise from above as yesterday. But it wasn't there. So I figured I had woken up extra early. But then my phone alarm rang, signifying 8am. I got dressed to walk on the beach. I walked north in the surf until I saw a big pipe pouring water into the ocean. I walked back not touching the water. I saw my footprints and wondered how long they would last. I thought about my mother leaving her footprints on this world and wondered how long they would last. I stood in the surf, basking in the 'now' of the ocean. Then I came in, washed up and got dressed. I went upstairs to face the crowd. One by one they dispersed, except for William and Kelly. I made and ate my breakfast, then came down to take my supplements and check e-mail. It was a good chance to meditate while the house was quiet. I was way behind on meditation, and should have meditated right away, because the kids came back in the house and the quiet was over. I listened to all the meditation sessions that I missed last week and this week. I finished the KenKen type puzzles, then searched the internet for strategy for the Masyu puzzles. I worked a bunch of those. I noticed the sun so I put on my suit and went to the beach to get in my 20 minutes of sun. There was a sign at the lifeguard stand that said “No Swimming. So then I sat by the pool, wrapped in my towel to sweat, but it did not work very well. I got in the hot tub to jumpstart the process, but someone had turned the temp down. I watched the kids swim for awhile. There was a breeze blowing which kept me from sweating. I went in and changed clothes, then went upstairs to work puzzles and be sociable. Bryan wanted one to try. I worked off and on while listening to people talk. It was hard to concentrate on one person with others talking. Cindi and Bryan made chicken for supper. We also had rice, greens, tomatoes, and salsa. Bryan took some iceberg lettuce and sprinkled sugar on it for a treat. Larry brought out a shoo-fly pie. But most people ate the ice cream cones called drumsticks. I ate a peach. After supper we cleaned up. Larry told me about his cancer treatments. Then we skyped Chris so everyone could talk to him, but only his dad and Larry did. I think Olivia and William waved at him. Then I went in my room to skype him privately. When we finished, I read e-mail and watched some tapping videos before going to bed.

No comments: