Thursday, August 28, 2014

Marjorie's Mondo bag

I heard the alarm but did not get up until almost 8:30 because I had such a hard time falling asleep last night. I did the usual things: e-mail, exercise, drybrush, water plants, juice, meditate, make breakfast, etc. Because it was Thursday, I also took out the recyclables. I cleaned out my spam folder, I listened to an audio from the Women and Financial Freedom Summit. I started reading the church newsletter. At noon I stopped to load my sewing supplies in the car and drive to Stitch-Its. I sat beside Pat, which would be tough not to since we have 5 of them now. She asked me if I was working on another Linus quilt, and I said, “No, this is the same one.” Another Pat wanted to sell a mondo bag pattern that was printed on fusible interfacing. So I bought it. The group is planning to have a Saturday sew-in for the bags this weekend. I am not sure I will be ready to participate, but at least I have the foundation. At 2 I packed up to come home. I drank a glass of water and laid in the sun for 20 minutes. I set the timer to water another tomato patch. I ate some lunch, dressed warmly in order to sweat, and went out to mow. I concentrated on areas that I had been leaving long in order to promote growth. But now it was looking shaggy. I did most of the back and got around to the front when it was time to recharge. I had a good sweat going and I didn't want to waste it, so I drank more water and went back out to pull weeds. When I came in, I had to clean up and change clothes. They were sopping wet. (This is a good thing.) I drank some of the beef broth and laid down for a bit. Then I had the last of the sweet potato stir-fry. I watched a short demo of a casserole cover. Ingenious design, but I am not sure the stress points are adequate for the weight. Last night the ladies invited me over for their Thursday night viewing of Project Runway. At the time I made the usual excuses, but today I was thinking it might be a fun thing to do once. But I could not find the address of the hostess to see if it was somewhere I was comfortable driving to. I cleared my e-mail from 100 Unread down to 50 unread by deleting some and moving others to files. It felt pretty good. I read about nootropics. I watched a video on making sauerkraut. Then I noticed it was almost 7, so I went out to mow again, this time concentrating on the front yard. Having moved the deck up another notch, I ran the mower for longer than usual. Then I plugged it back in for tomorrow. I checked e-mail again, and caught up on my blog notes. I got a form in the mail that needed signing, which I did, and readied to be posted tomorrow. I skyped with Chris for almost an hour. I looked up the benefits of baking soda. I came across an absolutely gross video on parasites (I may never eat sushi after seeing this). One video led to another and I ended up posting late.

No comments: