Saturday, August 30, 2014

Now I see

   
Last night on my way to bed, I noticed the basement door was open, as it always is. Squinting down to the level of the latch, I noticed that the hole in the door jamb is ever so slightly too high for the latch to pop in. So I took the plate off and used the screwdriver to scrap some wood from the bottom of the hole. When I shut the door, it stayed closed. Then I turned off the router and went to bed.
     When I woke up, I stayed in bed thinking it was earlier than 8, but forgetting that the alarm doesn't ring on Saturday. When I remembered, I got up, and turned on the router. My sheet music was in there, so I looked at another piece that I planned to re-write so it would only take up two pages, which is more manageable on a stand outside where the wind might be blowing on Rally Day. I took it out to the diningroom and booted up the laptop. From there, I read e-mail. Then I remembered to set the alarm on my phone for tomorrow so I won't be late for church. There is only one service because of the holiday, and it starts earlier, at 9:30.
     As I was reading e-mail, I remembered finding a small something on the back of my leg in the middle of the night and thinking that it might be a tick. I began to worry again. I tried to look at it, but there was no way to get a good look. So I took a pic with my camera, downloaded it to my laptop, and enlarged it. I saw a brown spot, but no legs. I searched the internet for a solution. One site said to put liquid soap on a cotton ball and swab the tick until it came out and stuck to the cotton ball. I tried, but it did not come off.
     Still worried, I imagined a list of friends and how far away they are, and decided to call Bertha. She wasn't busy, so I went to her house, and she said it was not a tick, but could be a tick head. She showed me her quilting projects and fabric. She printed a free pattern from Craftsy, one copy for her and one for me.
     I came home, and juiced veggies. I saw Craig in his back yard so I went over to the fence to say hello. He picked 7 tomatoes and gave them to me. I asked him if he had a tool to open a 5 gallon bucket and he came over to open it for me. Then he had to go return something to Home Depot before it rained. I don't think he made it because the rain hit soon and hard. I put out some collection tubs, then made breakfast, and read e-mail. I listened to an audio on candida leading to cancer, and the importance of eating fermented foods.
     I checked the mail, and found my two pairs of new glasses in the mailbox. I was pleasantly surprised that they both came with hard-sided cases, and fit perfectly.  i put the one for distance in my car.  I collected towels and laundry and the fitted sheet. I washed them in two loads. I put the rag rug (made in July?) in the second load. 
   While the laundry was in progress, I watched “Billy Elliot” from Netflix. It felt a bit contrived at several key points. I won't give it a high rating when Netflix asks. There was an annoying overuse of the four letter 'f' word. It was still raining. I emptied other tubs into one big one and brought it in. I skyped with Kurt for over an hour, thinking that Chris would skype. But it is too late now and I am going to bed – as soon as I put the sheet back on the bed.

No comments: