Friday, August 29, 2014

Making notes

I heard the alarm ring as I went to the bathroom, but I was tired and went back to bed. Sadly, it was after nine when I got up. I put an envelop in the mail and swept leaves off of the porch, which lead to watering various beds. I thought that getting some early sunshine might reset my body clock to get up earlier. Then again, it won't make up for waking up in the middle of the night and having trouble going back to sleep. I cleared e-mail to below 40. I found that the desktop computer had rebooted into Linux, and the laptop kept trying to reboot every 10 minutes. So finally I let it. I did my exercises. Dad called wanting me to go to a site and look up a name to see if it had changed. At that point my laptop was running a security scan. So I finished my exercises and then used the desktop. His question was easily answered, and I called him back. I also got a call from the massage therapist. We talked and I set up another appointment for next week. The postman rang the doorbell with a box from Swanson's and 2 letters. One was about opting out of a class action suit. It was hard to read. Then I got an e-mail from Chris with his flight information. He is coming to visit me for our anniversary, and staying for 2 weeks. I hope he'll have something to do besides chase me around the house. I juiced tomatoes, a pepper, two carrots, sprouts and some sweet potato vine. Then I called up a meditation on my laptop and took it outside to play while I laid in the sun. Even though I had the laptop in a white cloth bag, it still got hot. I put on shorts and a t-shirt to mow the rest of the front lawn. I also mowed inside the back fence. I passed the cherry tomato patch so I ate a bunch of those on the way. I plugged the mower in to recharge, and came in to drink. I stacked the dishwasher and ran it. While it was running, I worked on the pillows. I figured out where to cut the 5 inch squares, but left the backings for later. I cut a strip of each of the coordinating fabrics and sewed them together in order by value. I cross-cut the strips and laid them around the 5 inch squares. I took a pic to send to Cecily. Then I put the pieces away in the bag they came in. I pulled out a quilt top that was pinned to a foundation. Neither the top nor the foundation were sturdy enough to be a quilt top on it's own. I sewed them together in parallel lines. I was glad to have that out of the way. And then I wondered why I put it off so long. I came up to eat a piece of beef tongue and some dates. I watched an amazing display of dexterity called acroyoga on Facebook. Kurt texted me by Skype. I emptied the dishwasher and put away the dishes. I unpacked my trombone and practiced some of the music for Rally Day. Jennifer had given me a part she wrote for one of the songs, but it wasn't finished. I re-wrote the music so I could read it, and wrote in the parts she did not get to. Although it took a while and I needed the piano to test my notes, I was pleased with the result and myself. It was almost 10 then, so I e-mailed Jennifer to let her know it was finished. I posted to my blog and I might have gone to bed.

No comments: