Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pulling Pokeweed

I woke up slowly and waited for the alarm to ring. Finally I got up and then remembered that the alarm doesn't ring on weekends. It was a little after 8. I turned on the router and sat down to read e-mail. I read an article on mosquitoes, and finished an audio I started yesterday. I did my exercises. I washed and juiced spinach, zucchini, and a bag of red and orange peppers. I did half of a meditation since I was running out of time. I ran the pulp through again and cleaned the juicer. I took a shower, got dressed, and played a few notes on my trombone. Then I packed it up and went to church. I practiced a piece with Mary, our organist. It was an easy piece. Then I went home, and took the vitamin C packet that I meant to take earlier. I laid in the sun for 20 minutes. Then I started to water the plants but got rained on. How did the weather go from bright sun to pouring rain? I left the water running because I did not expect the rain to last, and it didn't. Then I made breakfast, and read e-mail. I watched a video on 'the one percent' and how they view the world (in between bouts of laundry). I also had time to pare down magazine renewal invitations to the bare minimum. I went out to mow part of the lawn. I also pulled weeds in the ditch. I took an e-mail break to read and drink. Then I dug up poke weed in the far back. I was sweating profusely in my long sleeves and pants. When my back had enough, I came in to read e-mail and drink water. I ate some sweet potato leaf stir-fry. I folded two baskets of laundry and put them away. I got on the old computer (it's 2014 and still running Windows 95) to type up two quilt labels for embroidery for a quilting friend. I saved them to a blank embroidery card and went downstairs to put it in my machine. I watched “Shine”, which featured Geoffrey Rush as a concert pianist who 'loses it' and tended to forget clothing. It is based on a true story so I looked it up on the internet. Then Chris and Michele skyped me for an hour. It was so good to see Michele again. But I had to hang up at 11:30 to post to my blog and go to bed.
*  This is the cute basket of vegetables that Rebecca gave me on Monday  *

No comments: