Sunday, August 17, 2014

Baptism by ice

I got up at 6:30 to use the bathroom, then went back to bed, trusting that my alarm would wake me up at 8. I had a dream about wanting to rescue a tiny horse stranded in the water. On the way to the beach, there was a fabric stall. Most of it was green. I bought some fabric and was so hungry that I started eating it. Then I passed a sandwich place and tried to order a meat and cheese roll up, and that is when I woke up. I stayed in bed, waiting for the alarm. Finally I got up to check the time. It was 9. I did not have time to juice, so I ate the second half of a tomato. I got on the internet and saw that other people had gotten letters from WOW about a price increase, but their bill had not got up, yet. They talked about internet speed, so I used Internetfrog to test my download/upload speed, but the results were not like anyone else's. 
    Suddenly I realized what time it was. I finished breakfast, showered, dressed and drove to church. I met the new intern. She said she had heard of me. The pastor's wife gave me an apron to mend. Terry gave me a sheet to fill out in after the intern gave her first sermon today. The treasurer gave me a hug and kiss. The man who sits in our pew shook my hand heartily and said how happy he was to see me back. Jeanne told me she had almost finished the dove for the bigger red banner (which I haven't started sewing yet). 
     After the service, I stayed in my seat to fill out the questionnaire. Then I dropped it off in Tim's box because I get him and Terry mixed up. I told the intern that she did a good job, which she did. Everyone followed the pastor and our new intern outside. While someone recorded video, Pastor explained that he was answering the Ice Bucket Challenge and that the intern agreed to participate if we raised over $1000. Well we raised $1700, so she got iced, too. When he mentioned challenging a few more people, we all stepped back. But he challenged people from other churches. 
     When that was over, Jen and I sat and talked about reflexology, the Bates exercises, and we did some tapping for an issue we both have. We were interrupted by the youth leaders who, among other things, asked me if I could make a Pinocchio costume by next week. I agreed to try. Jen and I finished up in her office and then she went home.
     I drove to the grocery store in the pouring rain. But it was over by the time I got to Publix. I bought the usual groceries and stuff to make communion bread. I put away the frozen goods, then ate some beef heart for lunch. I put on an audio while I distributed the groceries and cleared the dishwasher. I scraped the beef fat from several jars of broth and put it all in one jar. I drank some of the broth 'cause it was sooooo good. I left some butter out to soften for the communion bread. I used the desktop computer to print out the recipe. I watched a short video called Admissions. Very powerful. 
    Dad called, thinking I had called him. But it had been Faye.  The call was interrupted. I did a speedtest on my laptop and sent the results to Chris. These results made more sense. Dad called back. We tried conference calling on several of his phones, but it never worked. After he hung up, I noticed it was 85 degrees  inside, so I closed the windows and turned on the AC. Usually I prefer the windows open, but when the house gets too hot, things mold, etc. I went outside to pick tomatoes and a cucumber.
     While I was deciding whether to make hummus or communion bread, Chris skyped. I showed him my tomato and cucumber. They were both about the same color (orange with a tinge of green). He got to watch while I made hummus. After he hung up, I put the ingredients for communion bread in the bread machine. While it mixed, I listened to a meditation and cleared e-mail. When the mixing was done, the dough was like pancake batter. So I scooped it out in 4 handfuls and put them on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. I covered them with wax paper to press them flat. The paper did not want to come off, so I put the sheet in the fridge to get cold, hoping that would help. Then I put together a blog post while it sat. I carefully peeled the parchment paper off. It could not be used again so I threw it away. I pricked the patties with a fork as per the instructions and preheated the oven.  I finished my blog post and then baked the bread.

No comments: