Sunday, August 3, 2014

First taste of the beach

I woke up about 5 with a headache, hearing a strange sound. I was sleeping in the computer room and had thrown a garment over the modem to hide the lights. So I went out to the den to sleep, but there were no blankets on the couch. I got cold so I went back to the computer room and eventually the noise stopped. I woke up later hearing the kids. I exercised, then got dressed and made breakfast. Al was packing the car and Cecily was finding last minute things to go and pack. By 10 we had it all packed in two cars and we headed out. At some point on our trip, we stopped at a Burger King for lunch. I got the chicken-cranberry-apple salad. Cecily got one too but only ate half. When we got near the beach, James and Becca went to the grocery store while Al, Cecily and I went to pick up the key. We drove to the house, and walked through the floors examining the rooms and layout. James and Becca came with the kids. The kids room was assigned, Al picked one, and James picked another. I picked one, too, that I thought would be quiet and away from the 'action', but Cecily did not seem to like my choice because people who hadn't arrived yet might want it. Logically there was only one choice that would please her, so I took it even though it would be close to rooms likely to be noisy. I was tired, had a headache and was in tears. I just sat in the room and cried. I tapped but it wasn't working well. Then it occurred to me that maybe I was just dehydrated. So I went upstairs where the kitchen was and used my Brita pitcher to make three glasses of water, which I drank. I felt much better then. I worked a pencil puzzle that came with Cecily's Sudoku book. We checked the towel situation in each room. We examined the pool area and walkways to and from the beach. I walked to the oceans edge to touch the waves and came back. Olivia and I flipped switches in the sunroom to see what happens. One of the lights in the ceiling appears to be a heat lamp! She and I also played with the pool balls (as in billiards). I talked to Al and James while Cecily and Becca worked on supper. Then we had supper: salad, chicken in panko, spaghetti and corn. Cecily sliced up a tomato for me since no one else wanted one. We had finished and were just talking when Olivia spotted a rainbow. So some of us rushed out to see it. At first it got brighter, and then dimmed as the sun went down. Olivia explained how it dimmed because of a pony (one of My Little Pony's) that came and went from another dimension. Allll righty then. The kids ran to get their suits and go in the pool. Cecily was cleaning up from supper. I was cold because of the AC, so I put on my suit and went in the hot tub. Olivia joined me between swims in the pool. When we were done, she and James helped me run the hose to the tub and add water. Then we all went in. She put on her pajamas. I booted up my laptop to skype Chris, but the laptop winked out suddenly. It seems the outlet wasn't working. So I went into the den next door to my room and plugged in there. I talked with Chris for 20 minutes. Then I checked e-mail and went upstairs for a glass of water. I talked to Al who was watching preseason football. Then I came back down to finish e-mail and post to my blog.
*  I did not take any pics today, but here is one of the anklet that Olivia made for me  *

No comments: