Saturday, August 16, 2014

Hot!!!

I got up about 7:30. I checked my e-mail, and soon was watching a video on sustainable farming while I exercised. I tried to order a card for Chris but the website asked for numbers I did not have. I tried calling, but the rep shuttled me back to the automated phone system. I tried the on-line chat and she said she wasn't allowed to know the numbers and to call customer service. She had a different number, so I did call. This time I got a rep who said I needed to wait until my card arrived before I could order another. What a waste of time! Well, at least I found out how to activate my speakerphone. I had to look it up online because the info was not in the user guide. I practiced my trombone, and then juiced. I drank the juice slowly as I checked e-mail. Then I made breakfast. I would have laid out in the sun, but there were too many neighbors out. So I started the laundry and watered the various garden beds. The grass was so hot that it hurt my feet. Then I mowed more of the back yard. I brought in the mail and e-mailed Chris with the items he needed to know about. I raked up pinestraw and pine cones with my laptop on my back. I haven't been able to do that for some time. Yea for new batteries! I found a book I have been looking for for over a month. I read some of it, but must have gotten distracted. I did an internet search to see what I could do with all the fat from the beef heart: saute veggies, dip candles, make bird food, make soap, make pemmican. I looked up how to prepare sweet potato leaves, and decided I could use the beef fat to saute them. I ordered a birthday present for William online and had it sent to Dad's house. I was going to mow again, but seeing the mown grass turn brown convinced me not to. I stacked the dishwasher and ran it, then sat outside to tap for awhile. When the mosquitoes came out, I went in. I called Suyapa and she talked on and on about her daughter and her new school. She also talked about starting a quilt group in her area. Chris skyped me while she was still talking. We discussed the events of the day. Kurt then skyped me by text. While waiting for a response, I found Prime95 and ran it. It clocked out my CPU immediately. I couldn't figure out how to stop it until I remembered the task manager. The new memory did fine. I edited my notes for the blog while Kurt and I continued to 'chat'. I finished just as he signed off. 
*  These are my marigolds, which have done well in the heat.  *

No comments: