Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Fasting for a day

I woke up hearing my phone ringing. By the time I stumbled out there, the ringing had stopped. I checked and it was my dad, so I called him back. But he did not answer because he was leaving a message. I listened to the message and then called him back. He had needed some help in Notepad. After the call, I read some e-mail, exercised, drybrushed, and started the coffee detox. I looked so long and hard for the directions for the detox that it was afternoon 'till I finished the process. Then I laid in the sun for 20 minutes. It was brighter and warmer today than any day at the beach last week. Go figure. I had read about the benefits of fasting, but it wasn't something I was looking forward to. But since breakfast was going to be really late today anyway, I figured I had a head start on fasting and might as well go ahead so the morning won't be wasted. Then I took some niacin, and read e-mail until it kicked in. To get the sweating started, I mowed. The grass must be far worse than it looks because the mower had a hard time and I did not get far before I had to plug it back in, even with raising the deck. I got the mail, but there was nothing important. Then I parked my car in the sun and sat inside with my water bottle. Instead of Sudoku, I brought my tablet. I caught up on audios that were waiting and will be gone soon. I took a break to get more water. At the end, I drank some Himalayan salt water. I checked e-mail again, then took a shower. I laid down for a bit, then went downstairs to watch a movie. When I came up, I got chilly for some reason. I got in bed under the covers, but it wasn't enough, and I had stuff to do anyway. Wednesday nights is now praise band practice. But the leader hadn't sent any reminders (she never does), consequently I wasn't certain about tonight. My back hasn't been so happy today and I vacillated between going and not going. I put on my housecoat to warm up and checked e-mail. There was one on tapping, so I was going through it and I got skyped. MaryAnn called to see how I was doing. We talked for almost 2 hours, and during that time she cooked supper. But she hid it fairly well. I missed practice and hoped it was the best decision after all. I finally got warm, and changed into short and a top. I wrote a few notes for my blog, and then checked e-mail. I called Jennifer and she wants to meet me tomorrow at Ruth's. I pulled up a guided imagery meditation and sat quietly while it played. Then I got up to rub some magnesium oil on my back. I assembled the recyclables for tomorrow, posted to my blog, and went to bed.
*  This is the sweet potato from 2 1/2 weeks ago that had no sprouts.   It lived in a jar, but now only fits in the coffee pot.  *

No comments: