Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Overcommitted



I woke up hearing the phone ring.  It was William giving me an item number to check on Ebay.  I turned on my computer and checked my e-mail.  I wrote my morning routine with coffee detox into a file on my computer since I keep losing the piece of paper it is written on.  I started checking off the steps as I went.  I played an audio on women building business.  Cecilia called and wanted to come over to see my ferns.  I put coconut oil in my hair and finished up the detox.  Then I took a shower. I cleaned up around the house.  Cecilia did not come in because she had groceries in the car.  I walked her over to look at the ferns, and a bug bit me.  Oddly, the pain spread through my foot.   When we finished the conversation, she said it was too hot outside for her and she went home.  I went inside and tried to look at my foot, between the two biggest toes.  Even with glasses on, I could not get my eyes close enough because my knee was in the way.  I gave up.  I washed some veggies for juicing, and then saw sun was out, so I laid out for 20 minutes.  I wanted to take advantage of the heat, so I decided to sweat in my car.  I took some niacin and read e-mail waiting for it to kick in.  William called to see if I had looked up the suitcase on Ebay.  I hadn’t so he waited while I did.  My laptop was not cooperating, so I moved to the desktop.  Then I got sick to my stomach.  I hung up with William, and drank more water. I made notes for my blog.  I juiced tomatoes, a cucumber, and two carrots.  Drinking that made my stomach feel better.  I took two large towels and water to the car, and parked in sun.  I did multiple Sudoku puzzles and took one break.  I was surprised how long it took for the sweat to start.  Afterward I showered, and read e-mail.  I ate a frozen banana. I meant to print out a form but got sidetracked reading  xkcd panels. Then I printed the renewal form for tomorrow night.  I brought in the mail.  Tamara sent me images of Pinocchio for making the costume.  I did not have any of that.  I ate some meat, and laid down.  The doorbell rang, but when I answered it, no one was there.  I laid down again.  Then I got up to practice my trombone.  I packed it up and went to church for praise band practice.  I dropped off the communion bread in the sacristy freezer.  I did not have the first two songs we played, so I sat by Doris and sang with the others.  It was a praise choir, not a praise band.  There was no trombone part.  She wanted me to make one up as I went. I wasn’t feeling well and was tired, so it did not go well.  That was embarrassing. At 8 it should have been over, but others wanted to go on, so we practiced another piece.  Then I drove home.  I checked my e-mail.  I tapped on being overwhelmed with other people’s projects.  I called Jennifer who had called during music practice. I took my laptop down to the sewing room so I could catch up on some sewing while being available for Chris to skype.  I cut center squares for a Linus project that I may take to work on tomorrow,  I mended the pastor’s wife’s apron.  I cut some centers for the pillows Cecily wants me to make.  I started writing up my blog notes, and then Chris skyped me.  We talked for awhile, and then he went to bed and I finished my blog.
 *  This is the communion bread I made on Sunday  *

No comments: