Saturday, August 2, 2014

So close, and now so far away

I went to bed around 11? I heard Cecily get up in the middle of the night and thought it was time to get up. But it was only 3:55. I laid back down hoping for a power nap until 4:15. Then Michele and I both got up. I put on pants and a sleeved shirt. Michele's stuff went into the car.  She made two balloon animals.  Then we drove her to the airport. The check-in was full of young adults on some kind of group trip. But Michele used the kiosk to print boarding passes and then Al stood in line with her to check her suitcase. We hugged in the open area in front of security. She did not want to leave and I did not want her to leave. I cried and she went on. Then we came home and I went back to bed. Cecily stayed up and prepared and packed things for the beach. She washed Michele's sheets but let me continue to sleep on mine. When I got up, the house was quiet and Cecily left a note saying that they had gone shopping. I exercised and made breakfast. Then I cleaned up and got dressed. They came back from the store. Cecily gave me a suitcase that was smaller than my big one and larger than my carryon. She also gave me a beach bag. Between the two I packed the bare essentials for the beach. She said I could bring my Brita pitcher if I stuffed it with tomatoes for the trip. James and Becca and the kids arrived soon after. They enjoyed their balloon animals that Michele had made just before she left. Olivia mad me a rubber band bracelet. When my clothes from yesterday came out of the dryer, I packed in the suitcase. I saw pics of the beach house and then Becca's house on Becca's laptop. Al and Cecily went to church and Becca and James went shopping, so I stayed behind with the kids. Olivia made me an anklet. I picked a few blackberries; they were mostly gone. I drank some salt water after reading about the importance of having a balance of water and salt in the diet. James and Becca came home from shopping and Cecily and Al came home from church. I put on pants, and we went to Kan Pai for supper. I enjoyed the fire during the meal preparation. The chef was good and also entertaining. Olivia gave me her vegetables. We came home, and chatted about the beach house and who will sleep in which bedroom, etc. We skyped Chris for awhile. Cecily ran the dishwasher, and went to bed. I talked to Al, and then he went to bed. I wrote to my blog and then I went to bed.
*  This is Michele enjoying lush grass at the botanical gardens.  *

No comments: